Friday, September 12, 2014

Accomplished

I just read an article that explained why certain people are more successful in life. I'm sure there are numerous reasons but this article focused on mindset. I have to believe that it was my mindset that carried me through last year. I was obsessed, and at times depressed, about our troubles getting pregnant, but with testing that I pushed for, the issue was corrected. I was in a spiral about my husband's job loss at first but we quickly made plans to cover ourselves. My son's health issues were unresolved and up in the air (the worst kind of torture for me) but as I saw him slowly return to health I was comforted.


Now that we are through the trials and tribulations of 2013, things are not perfect, but they are back on track in 2014. I am pregnant with baby #2 and due in just 2 months on November 17th. Baby and myself are doing very well, and this pregnancy has been a bit easier than the first. My husband loves his new job and has received recognition for performance nearly every month, which has made him so much happier than he ever was before. My son is topping the charts in weight now that he is doing well, and we have his allergies under control. He still has major food issues with not wanting to try new things or eat during mealtimes, but we are trying. Plus he started preschool, which I consider a milestone because not everyone does 3 year preschool, and it was terribly hard to get him into the program I heard was best. There are a lot of things on this years list I am proud of, but the fruits of our labor are sweeter because they came on the heels of a lot of 2013 disappiontment. So for future Amber to see that yes, life ebbs... but then it flows...

Things I am proud of this year...
1) Hux is healthy, and that is thanks to our fighting for his diagnosis and the changes we made to his lifestyle.
2) Dylan is back to work and happier than ever. We made the right decision!
3) I requested the bloodwork that found low progesterone in the aftermath of the miscarriage, and the help I received is the reason we are about to meet baby #2 shortly.
4) I finally let go of the budget reigns and the fear of a catastrophic financial issue to renovate our sunroom (after cancelling the project 3 separate times out of fear). It turned out better than I ever expected, and I will be glad to have it when the days get crisper.
5) Although I haven't done as well this year at work, I still did very well for a pregnant lady.

There are still a few trials coming up. Birth and newborn exhaustion of course. But as my husband and I both work at the same company, we have all our eggs in one basket, and our company is going through a giant merger early next year. We have no idea where we will land and what our careers will look like when this is over. It's incredibly scary. But knowing that we managed last year makes me more confident, and we have several plans in place to try to save as much back as possible in the worst case scenario. We also have ongoing issues with my mom, our childcare person, but how do you solve a problem like Maria, ya know?

Even with all this, the future is still bright and I know we will be ok. Each trial reminds me that my husband and I are a good team, and we can face anything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment